Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,584
Re: Is DPR biased?

Christof21 wrote:

kiwidad wrote:

biza43 wrote:

No.

Other sports cameras from Canon and Nikon do not have IBIS, but all their sports lenses have image stabilization which works with tripod or monopod.

Even for sports, having stabilization is important, especially with modes that work with panning movements (Canon's mode 2). Also, many sports images are taken without tripod and monopod these days.

name a fuji zoom that doesn't have image stabilization?

16-55mm Fuji zoom

Yup, and for those of us into travel photography and who happen to prefer zooms, that particular lens might be where IBIS offers the biggest payoff.  If you shoot in low light environments, stabilization can be a real game changer.  If you're happy using the 18-55 or other stabilized lenses, then it may make less of a difference.  Frankly, I really like the handling of the X-H1 with larger lenses, like the 100-400, so IBIS isn't the only benefit that camera offers for the sort of photography I like doing.  Frankly, my X-T2 "backup" is mostly just collecting dust these days.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow