Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
shuncheung Contributing Member • Posts: 569
Re: Curiosity

Russell Proulx wrote:

shuncheung wrote:

I am a firm believer that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Most automobile recalls are for problems/defects that have been identified that *might* cause a problem. I would not want my gas pedal to stick or fuel tank to explode or for some other serious failure to occur before getting the problem fixed. If there's a weakness in the IBIS system that might cause it to fail unexpectedly then I would want that fixed before it fails in the middle of an important shoot.

I believe in "A stitch in time saves nine".

First of all, we are not dealing with automobiles on this thread. As I said, some Nikon battery recalls are related to some tiny chance of fire hazard, which can cause a lot of damage and even injury, although the probability is tiny. Those are very different recalls.

For any important shoot, I bring a minimum of three camera bodies. And I wouldn't use a camera with only one memory card slot for any important shoot, anyway.

If Nikon specifies that IBIS on the recalled cameras (based on serial number) have a higher chance to fail and disable the camera, I would approach it differently. At this point if I had a Z6 or Z7 that is on the recall list, I would wait a few weeks to see how it all works out. Your camera is working fine; what is the rush?

And my Z6 is not on the recall list.

shuncheung's gear list:shuncheung's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C41
C41
C41
C41
C41
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow