Conspicuous Consumption

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
BillyBobSenna
BillyBobSenna Senior Member • Posts: 1,829
Re: Conspicuous Consumption

lbuclk= wrote:

BillyBobSenna wrote:

lbuclk= wrote:

I was looking at another wedding photographer's web site and in the FAQ section was a short paragraph on "what kind camera do you use". the photographer explained his/her gear. in all my years of wedding shoots, I've never had that question asked.

I've never asked my dentist what kind of drill he uses or a chef, what brand pf knife he used. I was wondering how many others have been asked about their equipment?

I see no problem with this kind of information being listed by the wedding photographer or someone asking what you shoot.

I am a motorsports photographer with a portfolio. A media outlet I have shot for have asked what I shoot with. I don't think its a big deal. It is just one piece of information that will help a person decide if they want to hire a photographer.

I would not hire a wedding photographer I barely new that was using old crappy equipment. What if it breaks during the wedding? What if they only used one camera?

If you go back to my original question, I only asked HOW many photographers get that type of question--simple question.

Thank you for your response and I apologize for my poor response to your simple question.

My guess is 250 other photographers on DPR were asked that type of question.

-- hide signature --

Bill - Beverly Hills, MI
Motorsports Photography
www.billgulkerphotography.com
Instagram: Motorsports_Photographer

BillyBobSenna's gear list:BillyBobSenna's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow