Nikon Z advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 17,283
Re: Nikon Z advisory

AZBlue wrote:

You like your Z, and that's good for you. Stick with what you know. Perhaps you shouldn't speak for the many well respected folks who have used and reviewed this product, and who have clearly identified many of its shortcomings. Doing so only puts you into the category of trying to rationalize your purchase by invoking straw men.

I you invoking inverse logic - and also using straw men?

I like my Z for some things, my D850 for others, and my D500 for yet other thingsĀ 

Nobody has yet produced an ML body, or a DSLR, which is perfect for everything, though any one option might be perfect for one specific photographer.

The only area for me of doubt with Z is Dynamic area AF is not as flexible for focus tracking (moving toward or away from the camera) as D850 or D500.

When it comes to movement across the frame or focus on an eye Z has it - and DSLR's generally do not.

If you can accept neither is better - or worse - just different - maybe you are on this Earth and not on Fullers Earth.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
In lots of ways good photography is much more about how equipment is used rather than the equipment being used.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow