SX710 vs G9 X Mark II

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Camera Guy Regular Member • Posts: 176
SX710 vs G9 X Mark II

I've had the SX260 HS for about 7 years and it's been a pleasure to own. Great pictures, somewhat pocketable, really nice P&S camera. The 20x zoom is nice but after my extensive use of this camera, 20x is not a "must have". As far as value, this piece of equipment owes me nothing!! I do my processing in Lightroom Classic and have been satisfied with the results in working with jpeg files. primarily, I shoot landscape, travel, candids, occasional wildlife, and street scenes. Image quality is at the top of my list for attributes. WiFi & GPS are in the "nice to have" category for me. Low light performance, start up speed and ease of use are in the "need to have" category. Video is nice but not a priority. My previous workhorse was a DSLR and enough can't be said for working with RAW. Not a "must have", tho.

I've decide to replace the SZ260 HS with either the 701 or GX II. Suggestions/comments/experiences are welcome. Thanks in advance for your comments and observations.

Canon G9 X Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon PowerShot SX710
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow