The little Sony arrived. Any tips setting it up?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP vallhall Contributing Member • Posts: 980
Re: GX8 to M6 comparison

Guy Parsons wrote:

vallhall wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

vallhall wrote:

The sharpness....amazing

It is just as good if not better than my Panasonic 12-35 2.8. How on earth is this possible?

How are you making that judgement?

I comparing them in Win 10 "pictures", and zoom in max

Yes I was using 1:1 inspection for detail with FastStone Viewer side by side comparison.

I am highly impressed by the IQ and especially the sharpness!

And so am I.

As I said, I could happily live with just the M6 but it would sure hurt to get rid of the rest of my gear, things like the M4/3 Samyang fisheye lens being so useful a few times each trip. Plus the ultimate quality of using my Oly 12-40/2.8 and Pan 35-100/2.8 pair of lenses on my Oly E-P5.

Iq wise the panny 12-35 is on pair with your Oly 12-40, so it is realy amazing that the little Sony to my eyes and my screens looks just as good. The only diffeence i saw was in the exposure.

I dont print, only view them on my screens, so i deffently dont need any better IQ. I am also impressed how good the low light is, its good enough to me, so i quess my MFT goes on sale soon

There is just something a bit smoother and cleaner with the M4/3 images, but that of course is mostly at pixel peeping levels. At full screen most images from any sized sensor cannot be told apart. Daylight shots all look good, with the small sensors having the advantage of more depth of field.

Regards..... Guy

vallhall's gear list:vallhall's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Samsung NX500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow