Europe with m43 - What worked what didn't retrospective

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
OP MOD Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 6,263
Re: Panasonic 7-14 F4

Chas J wrote:

I have this lense and although I do not use it too much, I really like it.

However. Do not underestimate the purple blob problem ... it rears its ugly head quite often when on an Olympus body. I was, reluctantly, going to sell it but at the last moment, I decided to buy a Panasonic body for it !. I have yet to see any blobs or purple smearing while on the Panasonic body.

So. If you really intend to buy this lense, I strongly suggest you buy the G9 rather than the E-M1 II.

Another point in favor of the G9. The only thing holding me back, besides money is the imminent release of the E-M5 Mark III. I don't want to go and buy the G9, if the E-M5 Mark III turns out to be a huge upgrade, for around the same money. But if it doesn't happen in the next couple of months, I might take the plunge with the G9.

I've never liked buying recently released products, though. You never know if there are going to be any manufacturing issues. And with the track record of Olympus with the E-M1 Mark 1 strap eyelets falling down, rear dial issues (mine has it), and the unresponsive power switch of the E-M5 Mark II, I better wait a bit until the product has hit the market for a while before investing.

FWIW.

Chas.

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow