Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Brad Herman Regular Member • Posts: 394
Re: Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory - Site Down!!

Well, here goes...

The form on the Nikon web site is down to check on affected serial numbers.

I called Nikon, and according to the customer service agent, the site is probably being flooded with inquiries about the VR Service Advisory.

What concerns me even more, is that the agent had stated that Nikon still isn't sure of the 'root-cause' as of yet, so that leads me to believe that we have no confidence with regard to the serial number check (i.e affected or unaffected units)

I've been in the hardware/software business for over 30 years, and if we find a bug in our system and issue a Service Advisory and state empirically that certain software releases are or are not affected, we damn well better know the root cause before we are able to make that statement or issue an SA in the first place.

Without knowing the root cause of the issue, how could Nikon be able to fix/mitigate the issue during production? This does not inspire confidence in Nikon as a company or the quality of its products.

I'm currently sitting on almost $6k worth of new Nikon Z series equipment and am now on the fence as to whether it goes back and I go with a D850 or switch vendors altogether.

Brad Herman's gear list:Brad Herman's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C41
C41
C41
C41
C41
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow