Just purchased the RX10 4 - looking for a manual and a bag

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 341
Re: Just purchased the RX10 4 - looking for a manual and a bag

tbcass wrote:

Since I have no problem at all with the menu of my RX10iv it would take far more than that to tempt me to upgrade. In fact I can't think of anything that would tempt me to upgrade.

I'm getting into a book by Friedman just this morning, and I enjoy the way he puts information on the page.  I think that if I can do as he suggests which is to say "My advice: Go through all of the choices for each feature described in this book.  Then pick TWO techniques for everything and just get good at using those two."  This advice gives me leave to stop trying to learn and memorize all the ins-and-outs of the menu.  I'm going to follow his advice and then train my muscle memory to make the adjustments in the field.  Practice, Practice!

There's nothing that Sony can do with the M5 that would tempt you to upgrade?  That's quite an endorsement!  I thank the day I found Sony and look forward to trying out this M4.  The commonly mentioned weaknesses in M3 came across to me while using that camera.   But I was still thrilled with the huge Zeiss lens reach in this camera (and lovely shots) that wasn't killing my neck.  The M4 came out about 3 months after I got the M3.  So, I've been thinking about this upgrade for a while, and the time has come!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow