The little Sony arrived. Any tips setting it up?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP vallhall Contributing Member • Posts: 972
Re: The little Sony arrived. Any tips setting it up?

Digital Nigel wrote:

vallhall wrote:

BrentSchumer wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

vallhall wrote:

Many many thanks!

And i have to update DXO photolab to 2 only because of this camera

I will shoot both jpeg and raw.....and i will try it for light bif......if it only had A6400 af

The choices of AF setup are quite extensive and probably nearly as good as the A6400, I do not think you would have any AF problems, except making the right choice among many. From the specs.....

Regards..... Guy

The new subject tracking and eye-AF on the A6400 needs to be seen to be believed; it's in a whole different class. That said, the RX100VI is no slouch!

With 24fps, i am sure the cpu in the RX100 VIVA is powerful. If only Sony would give us subject tracking in a new FW

Sony seems very reluctant to provide feature enhancements via firmware updates to its fixed lens cameras. The interchangeable lens cameras get more firmware updates, some to support new lenses or fix bugs, but sometimes to improve functionality. This is particularly true of the FF cameras.

Agree, but at at this price point, i think we should expect subject tracking.....IF the hardware is up for it

vallhall's gear list:vallhall's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Samsung NX500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow