Exporting photos similar to LR Publish Services in other editors

Started May 17, 2019 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
romendo Regular Member • Posts: 143
Exporting photos similar to LR Publish Services in other editors

One of the reasons I like LIghtroom compared to other editors is the Publish Services. I rely heavily on them. For example, I have one publish service called Albums with several Published Folder Sets containing many Published Folders. This allows me to add new folders to my albums and export them to disk. From there I use an album software that publishes everything to a web site.

I never have to adjust the settings and can just publish new folders with the same settings, making for a consistent group of photos.

Whenever I see videos of exporting/publishing photos in other editors it is usually a one-off. At best you can make a preset but it is still not as flexible and convenient as Lightroom.

Capture One comes close but I found that you can export only all variants of a photo. I often make a virtual copy in Lightroom and then add that to a Published Folder. I only want that one copy to be published and not all variants/copies/versions.

What are your experiences with exporting/publishing photos? Do you use simple presets or somethign similar to what Lightroom offers?

romendo's gear list:romendo's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z9 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow