Just purchased the RX10 4 - looking for a manual and a bag

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 342
Re: Just purchased the RX10 4 - looking for a manual and a bag

Digital Nigel wrote:

giraffe wrote:

I just purchased the RX10 4 to complement my existing Canon DSLR and lenses. I am blown away with the results so far - even at ISO 6400. Not as good as the Canon 5D4 but awfully darn close. Nice not to have to carry around a myriad of lenses. Looking forward to trying it for outdoor sports tomorrow. However must say the menus and manuals could be better. It is really hard to understand the Sony manual - I have read it from beginning to end and am still confused - so much to learn with this camera. Can anyone recommend a good manual that explains things in normal english. Also can anyone recommend a good camera bag for this camera. Thanks in advance.

Yes, Sony's documentation is terrible, but fortunately that leaves a gap for two excellent third party user guides, from Gary Friedman and Alexander White.

They cover the same ground, but have different styles. I prefer Friedman's slightly humorous style, which is aimed at the more experienced photographer, whereas White has a more basic, earnest approach. I'd summarise them as being a photographer vs a documenter.

I just purchased Gary Friedman’s book on my iPhone and I love it!  Worth the $29.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Now it’s time to bite the bullet and order the camera!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow