How long until they are giving away DSLR's ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Qui Tam
Qui Tam Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: How long until they are giving away DSLR's ?

Max Iso wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

I know... I know... DSLR's are locked in pretty firmly. Personally, I won't go so far as to say, "I will never buy or use a mirrorless camera" but I can say, I currently have zero interest in one. I'm really not sure what it's going to take, to make me switch to ML cameras, except to say, they are going to have to have a few things about them that not just equal the best DSLR's, but blow them out of the water, and no areas which are not as good, to make ML cameras an obvious choice for myself.

What I'm really hoping, is that enough people will make that switch a lot sooner than me, and make the DSLR camera of my dreams, a lot more affordable.

Will this ever happen ? 3 years, 5 years, 10, never ?

I mean if you looked around a bit, you could probably find someone to give you a very nice film camera, right ? Why should this be any different ?

I have switched back and forth several times and each time, there were things about one i liked more than the other. Right now i have two ML bodies and even though i really like them, i do plan on buying a DSLR in the near future, only this time im keeping my ML. Since i like both for different reasons, it just makes sense.

As for giving one away, i saw a good condition D300 for $130 last week,

That's what the D500 will be worth soon enough.

Truly an excellent time for those looking to go dumpster diving for DSLRs!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
AOC
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow