May Win 10 updates broke my color management

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
1Dx4me Senior Member • Posts: 6,651
Re: 2nd day update

Billiam29 wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

sounds like you pc is spooked by M$'s too much poking i have a new NEC 27" monitor, it has been a while that JPEG files look horrid on it, however, the CR2 RAW files of the same horrid JPGs look fine, it is very frustrating, to say the least--and my monitor gets calibrated automatically once a month! i also tried SOOC JPG files, no difference, still horrid!

Are you viewing the jpg files in a color managed application and do those files have an embedded color profile?

i use M$ Photo Gallery to view my photos, and i am not sure if there is an embedded color profile in those photo files! if i remember correctly, this thing started when i upgraded for free to win10 from win7 professional. i use a laptop and a desktop and i get the same result on both, more so on my desktop, which means i have to offshore my critical printings

-- hide signature --

if everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough! "Mario Andretti"

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow