Europe with m43 - What worked what didn't retrospective

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Philly Senior Member • Posts: 1,166
Oly E-M1 with 4/3 12-60mm f2.8-4 lens

I went to Italy last year. Took E-M1 with Oly 4/3 12-60mm SWD lens. Pretty much got every photo that I wanted, give or take. I also had pocket Nikon Coolpix A, which was great for taking outdoors pictures using fill flash. I've since gotten external flash with high speed sync for outdoors flash, so E-M1 should be able to perform that duty now.

Anyway, when I was in Italy, I was thinking that the E-M1 with 12-60mm was a perfect combo for travel. Don't understand people who may think it's heavy when most of these people bring two cameras and multiple lenses. Based on my experience, I think E-M1.2 with 12-100mm would be even better. It's probably slightly less weight that my E-M1 with 12-60 SWD + adapter.

EDIT:  couple of years ago, I took Oly E-pm2 with Panasonic 12-32mm lens on a long vacation in Canada.  Didn't really like the results (and reach) from that lens.  Pictures lacked micro contrast and pop. E-pm2 is great with a sharp lens like 20mm 1.7, 25mm 1.7, etc.  Found that the pocket portability of the E-PM2 with 12-32mm lens didn't really make that much of a difference to me.  Decided to just bring E-M1 with 12-60 SWD next time, and am glad I did.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow