Nikon Z6 and Z7 Service Advisory

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
rokoko
rokoko Contributing Member • Posts: 820
Re: Curiosity

shuncheung wrote:

fpessolano wrote:

Status of my recall is "waiting for spare parts" … clearly an hardware defect here.

I guess they realized they used a bogus part in a production batch and need to replace them all. We will see.

Out of curiosity, I checked a bunch of Z6 serial numbers. For example:

• 3009719 not
  • 3009720 Affected
  • 3009721 not
  • 3009722 Affected
  • 3009723 not
  • 3009724 not

Only 2 out of the 6 are affected and their serial numbers are not consecutive. It is not a batch within some serial number range are all affected. And based on the responses to this thread, I have the impression that only a small percentage of D6 and D7 bodies are affected.

I am a firm believer that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My Z6 is not affected, but if it were, I would wait a little while and see how this repair all works out before I would send mine in. There is always the chance that Nikon repair messes up a perfectly fine working Z6 or Z7 and it comes back in worse shape. Or it could get stuck with the shop for a long time until parts are available. If I had a non-functioning camera, I would send it in immediately. You probably still would like to have it fixed under the recall warranty, but it pays to wait a bit.

Or maybe all are affected, just randomly pick the first wave to send in. How many D750 recalls in the past? Three! for the same issue. Mine was picked by the last one.

rokoko's gear list:rokoko's gear list
Nikon D850 Sony a7 III Nikon Z7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C41
C41
C41
C41
C41
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow