Profoto a1x is out, finally for Sony too

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Garrosama New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Profoto a1x is out, finally for Sony too

tugwilson wrote:

Garrosama wrote:

Dont think its a response to godox's V1. Now that the V1 is available quite a bunch of videos are appearing (not the evidently sponsored by godox or made by godox lovers to get some bucks from amazon with those "buy here" links )...and no, its not the same flash but cheaper; performance is "similar" but not close enough to say the A1 is waaay overpriced. Maybe a little...but we cant really compare ferraris to toyotas.

"compare ferraris to toyotas" not really, though I'd take a Toyota any day. You are comparing a torx with a hex driver. That is to say they may look similar but they do different things.

They are both on camera strobes whose primary purpose is to control off camera strobes whilst their secondary purpose is to add some light to the that produced by the off camera lights and the tertiary purpose is to be a stand alone on camera strobe (hopefully bouncing off a wall or ceiling or through some modifier).

If you have AD200s or bigger the V1 is what you want, if you have B10s or bigger the A1(x) is what you want. If you think using either off camera is better than an AD200 or B10 you need to think again.

Yeah well, we can pick another analogy if you like, no problem...but my point about the A1x not being a response to the V1 was pretty clear so i dont think it needs to be further explained.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow