Imaging Resource's CP+ interview with Ricoh

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Heliar Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: Imaging Resource's CP+ interview with Ricoh

Batdude wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Heliar wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Whenever I see my subject thru the OVF I never see anything "beautiful" hahahaha! so that reason and explanation from Ricoh sucks. I don't buy it.

When you look through the OVF, you see the world, exactly as it is. If you never see anything 'beautiful' there, why bother taking pictures?

Ha ha, I like that!

Alex

Yeah the world is exactly as it is but unfortunately usually the image doesn’t hahahaha! 😀

if we are shooting in the world at approximately 2pm our image might come out a bit overexposed so we chimp a few times till we get what we want.

if we are shooting in low light heck we might even shoot flash so there we go chimping again. I’m sorry but our Camera’s OVF doesn’t have anything to do with how the world actually is. When people were shooting with film that was even worse and usually the photos were a surprise, they either came out fantastic or destroyed.

EVF makes things a lot easier and is great for several different applications. You got all poetic on me with the OVF world thing and that’s nice 😊 but you didn’t get the point.

Well, you don't have to point out the advantages of live exposure preview in EVFs - even though I personally don't find it as useful, seeing how proper exposure is IMO very easy to learn (and even if one struggles, modern sensors have quite a bit of latitude to make up for mistakes).

Anyway, I just wanted to show you a perspective (a 'poetic' one, if you so insist) which points out why some people might prefer OVFs.

Heliar's gear list:Heliar's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow