Stepping down Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 6,563
What?

AndreStMaur wrote:

I read your reasons on your site. Frankly, I am not that surprised. I only frequent this particular forum infrequently for similar reasons...

Take care, good light and good pictures.

So Andre, let me see if I understand what you said here.   You post on the Sony forum.  You just claimed that you come on this MF Board infrequently for "similar reasons," which is insinuating that you think the MF Board has too much tribalism and nastiness and trolling and all that internet bad stuff.

Really?

Tell me what Board has less of that than the MF Board because I can tell you that the MF Board has a lot less of it than anyone else.

Now I'm starting to get a little suspicious of all this tribalism talk because it is a bunch of BS.  That is one of the problems with having a "MF" Board that has 3 or 4 brands.

Can you imagine if there were a Sony Canon Nikon FF Board?  Hey DPR - try it out for a few days.  The Board would explode in 5 minutes.  The DPR servers would melt down into ash.

Fuji is coming out with a lot of new and great MF gear.

Is that a problem for anyone on this Board?  Is it bad to say that?  Is the fact that 80% of the posts on the MF Board are Fuji-related a problem?  Is that being Tribal?

You want to see tribal?  Go read the Sony Board for 5 minutes.

So now Jim's retirement from moderation is being used on other Boards as a slight to the MF Board.  They are saying we are all nasty and tribal and all how that is why they don't come on this Board!  Total BeeeeeeS.

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow