official announcement from Nikon JP : Z6 / Z7 firmware update ver 2.0 will be coming on 16 May 2019

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
KuvaPanda Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: official announcement from Nikon

beatboxa wrote:

KuvaPanda wrote:

Downloaded and installed.

Tested Eye AF with image on PC monitor, seemed to work fine. Go far enough from the target, and camera swiches to face detect instead. I tried face detect with 1.0.3, and it worked very well so to me this looks like an improvement to something that already was good. Note I don't have experience with Sony, so can't compare.

Also single point AF seems more snappy in low(ish) light, but not as good as DSLR. Lack of cross type sensors is still noticeable.

Electronic front curtain shutter custom function (D5) has been renamed to shutter type and now has Auto option. It would be nice if this means we can enjoy benefits of EFCS without needing to switch it off manually for shutter speeds faster than 1/2000. Updated manual is a bit vague, "The camera chooses the shutter type automatically according to shutter speed. The electronic front-curtain shutter is used to reduce blur caused by camera shake at slow shutter speeds."

Can anyone confirm at what shutter speeds electronic is used with Auto option?

1/250 & slower = EFCS

1/320 & faster = mechanical shutter

Thanks! I recall around 1/10 to 1/60 was the biggest problem with shutter shock?

KuvaPanda's gear list:KuvaPanda's gear list
Nikon Z7 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow