Re: Upgrade from ZS100 to ZS200?

Papa48 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

macsesso wrote:

The 3 main things I didn't like

1. Price

2. Pop up viewfinder

3. Value for price

Its very difficult to take a video with a small camera like these without a tripod thats bigger than the camera. You just can't get a good stable grip So yes in this case size matters. Thankfully I would be able to afford the cost of the Sony but choose not to

Thats what makes a horse race

So the only things you didn't like about the camera itself were the small size (which would also be true of other similar cameras) and the pop-up UVF?

Obviously the whole point of any RX100 is that it's a tiny camera with the power of a much bigger camera. If such a small camera doesn't work for you, there's no point in even considering the RX100 (or LX10, ZS100/200, G7X, G9X, etc).

I agree that not everyone likes the pop-up EVF, but it's the only way of fitting in a usable EVF in a very small camera. I like it much more than the tiny EVF in the TZ100, but it's obviously not nearly as good as the larger EVFs with rubber eye-cups, found in bridge cameras such as the FZ1000 or RX10.

After a ZS1000, I’m carrying the FZ1000, and happier for it.

Yes, the FZ1000 is a much nicer camera than the ZS100: better to use, much better images. But too big for a small belt pouch. I bought my TZ100 to complement my FZ1000, to carry when the FS1000 was too large, but it didn't live up to expectations.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow