Where from here: Fuji versus the rest

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,671
Re: Where from here: Fuji versus the rest

deednets wrote:

biza43 wrote:

deednets wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Sure, just use whatever works for you. No need to think too much about it. The Sony FE system is fantastic.

The selection of lenses makes me feel a bit dizzy though ... all over the place it seems to be. At least 5 different 85mm AF lenses to chose from???? A bit much for my liking to be honest.

Deed

It is quite simple though: G, GM, ZA, "cheaper", plus Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia. Recently Sigma have joined the fray, by re-adapting their DSLR Art line to Sony FE.

Plus Otus, plus Samyang AF, often in both 1.4 and 1.8 options. 😎

Back in 2015, in my Sony A7II days, I had the Batis 85, fine lens, highly recommended. I remember getting this shot in an instant: the guy looked up to me, and I simply pointed the camera and took 1 single shot, relying on the AF. The whole thing was really fast and I bagged the shot.

As fine as the XF 56 lens is, the lens just AF too slow for this type of shooting. Now, the XF 90 is a different beast - lightning fast AF. Below is an example of a shot where I had precious little time to grab the photo.

I have no doubts that were eye-AF really important to me and to what I shoot, I would grab a Sony just for that; after all, it is not like they lack portrait lenses:)

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow