* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #577 on 2019 05 15 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 26,405
Re: Asian Wedding

LouHolland wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

In recent years we have seen more and more of these scenes in iconic spots in Europe.

Young Asian upper class (or even middle class) couples come to Europe with a whole crew in tow (a photographer, a lighting assistant and a young lady who takes care of wardrobe and make up) for wedding photos. I've seen (and sometimes photographed) them in Paris, Rome, Prague, and even on a windswept cliff in Scotland.

There must be quite an industry in this, and quite a competition amongst Asian youngsters (and their parents) for the most glamourous photography.

It is still a good photo despite the tilt. However, I saw this photo before. I love the light.

Oh Roel when it comes to tilt, I now noticed that if a person is hanging vertically to the right, you usually make a strong tilt to the left. This is mainly when people are involved in the image. This is not the case here, is there a reason for that?

BTW, the tilt is not something that I find disturbing, can say that quietly because it does not bother you, do it

Lou

I must confess that most of the time my tilts of images are intuitive: straight in the flow I make a tilt to enhance dynamism.

In other cases they are just a mistake.  I seem to have some kind of balance coordination effect, through which really many of my images do not have a straight horizon.  When the tilt serves no purpose, I correct it.  Sometimes I just leave it.  Sometimes I exaggerate it.

In this case, the tilt (and its degree) were deliberate, in order to create the illusion that the romantic grasp of that groom on his bride was so overpowering that even the whole surroundings were subjected to his swooning power.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow