Any Advice on a CPL Filter for my Nikon Z7 with Z 24-70 f/4 S?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 5,319
Re: Any Advice on a CPL Filter for my Nikon Z7 with Z 24-70 f/4 S?

goactive wrote:

I have been using a Breakthrough Photography 82mm X4 CPL with filter adaptor on my Z6.

Went with the larger size on advice from Breakthrough Photography. This way if you ever get the new 24-70 2.8 it will fit on it as well or other lenses with the larger thread mount.

Order a lens cap to go with it too. I had to order after the fact as I had no cap to fit it.

I am not seeing a large effect when using it but still playing with it.

Had it on here. My main plan for using it is to reduce the shine from sweety people as we get more into summer. I also have their 3 stop and 6 stop ND filters. I can use the 3 stop and CLP on my 85mm 1.8 outdoors on bright days to drop me to 1.8 otherwise I am at 8000 shutter speed and f4 or so on bright days.

This is the best one I have ever used no sharpness loss or color loss or shift.

Your portrait looks fantastic.  Love the warmth and lack of glare.  How do you decide how much to rotate the PL filter?   As you rotate them they go from cool to warm.  Do you use the warm setting for a portrait like this, or?  I find that full warm is too much and I usually turn it until it just starts changing to cool, or until the sky just starts to turn a nice blue.

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
"I bet we'll find hints of extraterrestrial life before 2030" - Jamie Shreeve, Popular Science

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow