Any Advice on a CPL Filter for my Nikon Z7 with Z 24-70 f/4 S?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 5,312
Re: Any Advice on a CPL Filter for my Nikon Z7 with Z 24-70 f/4 S?

I have B&W High Transmission, Breakthrough, and Hoya HD3. Be sure and get top of the newer "high transmission" type because the extra brightness is very noticeable and worth the price (all of these 3 are the more expensive and bright type).

I have a major gripe with the Breakthrough PL filters. They have titanium components which is a good thing but that makes them a lot harder to turn than the others that have aluminum components. So in order to turn my Breakthrough PL filter I have to remove the hood from lenses and firmly grasp the ring to turn the filter. With the other two brands they turn so smoothly and easily that I can just stick a finger in past the lens hood and easily rotate them with one finger. In short the B&W and Hoya HD3 glide easily when turning and the Breakthrough takes a firm grip and some muscle to rotate. (I have the standard Breakthrough and not the magnetic system type).
But all three of mine are neutral in color and do a fantastic job.

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
"I bet we'll find hints of extraterrestrial life before 2030" - Jamie Shreeve, Popular Science

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow