Which RAW converter do you use?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,320
You should remove Adobe products from the list

I wouldn't call Adobe CR a proper RAW converter. Indded, the point of shooting RAW and then convert to is to make the most out of a RAW file, isn't it ? As a very minimal prerequisite, I think reasonable to consider that if you have a 20MP camera, then any software you call "RAW converter" lets you use the 20MP, don't you think ?

The point is that when you use LR with most mirrorless cameras and 1" compacts, it forces you to crop (often as significantly as turning your 24mm lens into a 28mm). It does it by forbidding to disable built-in lens profiles. And it has nothing to do with a manufacturer's will. On my body, I have the option to disable lens corrections (I think Ninkon Z have it too), so manufacturers are fine with removing lens correction. And even if I disable profile in-body, LR adds it deliberately.

Technically, ACR converts. But it does in a way that it ruins the whole RAW purpose, and crops your pictures without letting you the choice, nor respecting the manufacturer wishes.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD hurtsme
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow