Firmware 2.0 is out - changelog

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Horshack Veteran Member • Posts: 7,598
Image Review Blackout Improvement

From the firmware change notes:

"Reduced the length of time the display turns off (the blackout period) when pictures are taken with On or On (monitor only) selected for Image review in the PLAYBACK MENU."

Of all the changes this is the one I was most interested in, because I complained about the long review time in my test thread here, and about the long blackout time here. Well they definitely reduced the blackout time - it's essentially gone now. Unfortunately the image review time hasn't improved - it's actually gotten slightly worse, probably from the two additional cross-dissolves Nikon added as a result of immediately returning to LV after the exposure and then leaving LV when the Image Review is ready.

Here's a video I took to demonstrate this. You may need to watch it a few times to catch all the info. You can also use the YouTube keyboard shortcuts to pause/resume and single-step the frames: spacebar or k = pause/resume, comma key to move back 1 frame, period key to move forward one frame.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow