* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #577 on 2019 05 15 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
minniev Veteran Member • Posts: 3,145
Re: Agriculture around Schiphol airport ..

LouHolland wrote:

Agriculture around Schiphol airport, Holland.

I do not make much landscape images and despite the fact that the Netherlands is almost flat, there are still many places that are very worthwhile.

This photo was made at Schiphol airport and I was so busy with shadows, plow tracks, colors, texture that I didn't notice the plane at all. If you follow the slots in the middle to the two towers on the horizon, there is a Boeing 747 between them. Almost unseen, I also saw it much later.

However, in the foreground you see a number of zigzag lines and those are the traces of fairly thick trees that the low sun has left behind and the large strip of shadow with light openings in it is the foliage. It was this combination of beautiful sky, agri landscape lines and cracked shadows that I never saw before here that attracted me to take a picture.

The question remains whether you prefer the Black & White or the Color photo and why. I already have an answer but I am curious how you think about it.

1.b & w

2.color

Click on "original size" for best magnification.

Lou

You should do more of this! I love both versions, and since I've seen such scenes as this both in your country and in my own home area (flat farming acreage carved into geometric designs adjacent to industrial sites topped with good skies), I feel at home here. I like the contrast, the geometry, the distant shapes of both industry and forest, and those great whipped cream clouds.

Your processing has a decidedly artistic look that reminds me of the DeBeers diamond magazine ads of the 1950s-60s. I loved those, too, and have been guilty of trying to recreate that look in software.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow