Show Your Snaps...May 13, 2019

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 1,849
Re: Good to see....

cdmazoff wrote:

mocha123 wrote:

Hi all,

Out walking today and came across paired Mandarins on the canal, he was far more skittish than she was, I managed the female with my 300mm before he flew off and seconds later she followed him. I had a good idea where they would head to and swapped out my 300mm for my 600mm.

This part of the canal is wider than normal and has many overhanging bushes, I got him before he scurried off into the undergrowth.

Female Mandarin (Aperture f/8 ~~ (SS): 1/400 ~~ ISO 640 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Aperture Priority ~~ Metering: Evaluative ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 300mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

Male Mandarin (Aperture f/7.1 ~~ (SS): 1/400 ~~ ISO 400 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Custom ~~ Metering: Partial ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 600mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

I am so Jealous!!!!!!!! We don't get these up here except for 1 that seems to live in or near Burnaby lake east of Vancouver. I'm on Vancouver Island (Victoria) and it's quite a trip to Burnaby lake.. Maybe one day.. until then.. fptpfptpfptpfptpfptpfptpfpttttttttttt

Wow Gorgeous Mocha!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow