A-Mount

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
cgarrard
OP cgarrard Forum Pro • Posts: 15,673
Re: Btw... the A58

QuietOC wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

Interesting.

I totally missed that you were asking about the A58. It is no longer listed on Sony.com.

No worries at all, you weren't the only one.

I started with the A58 in early 2015 when Sony had it on sale with the 18-55 for $400 and $150 discounts on the 55-200 and 55-300. It was already being closed-out then. I am sure being my first real camera colors my opinions.

Now I've tried an A57 and A65 I can see that it was more of an A38, but the viewfinder is nicer than those earlier, higher end models. I still prefer a simple tilting rear screen.

Issues: tiny buffer that often shrank, 20 MB/s SD writing (like previous models), aliasing with video and stills.

I appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on it. The last SLT I owned was the A57 I think. Prior to that I recall going to the press event with Sony in San Diego to test out the NEX 7/A77/A65 cameras, they sent me some for review after. Never got around to reviewing them because they didn't seem "finished" firmware wise.  From memory, the A57 was the most polished of them all- however I missed the A77ii/A58/A68 announcements completely.

-Carl

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow