Camera for a hipster friend Locked

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
This thread is locked.
Don_Campbell Senior Member • Posts: 2,831
simple and easy to find

Doug Larvey wrote:

Hi folks

A friend of mine who is a hipster asked me for some advise on buying a camera. His main concern is that the camera fits his hipster profile. The look of the camera is important to him as he wants to look as cool and hip as possible all tbe while giving off the impression that he doesnt care.

He plans to mainly photograph friends and occassions that involve his hipster lifestyle. He considers himself an artist and wants a camera to convey his artistic hipster impression.

He doesnt care for the technical aspects as he believes art can be produced by any camera and plans to produce his art in auto mode.

Does anyone recommend a camera suited for my hipster friend?

If he doesn't care about all the actual photographic things you say he doesn't care about, then for sure he needs a really snazzy, expensive and highly hip cell phone. Anything over $800 should fill the bill. Oh, and make it really, really cute. A case with lots of arty flowers might work. A chain to wear around his neck (below the beard of course).

On second thought, make it over $1000.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow