Death of the Fujinon 18-55

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,336
Re: Death of the Fujinon 18-55

Threaded wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Threaded wrote:

Just sharing this as a datapoint really in case it helps anyone, but today my 18-55 died completely while I was snapping away on my X-Pro2....

Disappointing. But it went out with a bit of a bang - here’s one of the last frames (and no, it didn’t get splashed) -

Seems like it actually went out with a splash...

If you didn't love it, I wouldn't think you would care to repair it. But have you checked with Fuji about repair cost? I can't imagine it would be expensive to replace a chip or whatever this is. Definitely seems electronic.

You stopped reading the thread too soon! I did check the cost (fixed Fuji repair price of £90), got it fixed, and it was indeed electronic.

Oh - good news and not too expensive.

I don’t absolutely love the lens, but it’s decent and a useful part of my kit. And even on purely financial grounds, a £90 investment to restore the value of a used lens worth £250 or thereabouts makes sense.

Yep!

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow