Re: We are all at risk

Paulmorgan wrote:

skanter wrote:

BenedictusMargaux wrote:

mschf wrote:

EOS GUY wrote:

I still do and will always use ACR and CS6

glad i never signed up for the cloud

I'm using CS6 as well but it seems -- though it's not fully clear in Adobe's press alert -- that CS6 is among the versions that this BS pertains to.

Coincidentally, I've been trying out ACDsee Photo Studio Ultimate 2019 over the past week or two and though it takes a wee bit of getting used to, it's rather fantastic. I might move to it and fully replace CS6, Bridge and ACR.

Also bought Affinity Photo a few years ago, it's really nice for the most part but the parts I don't like quirky enough to be show-stoppers. Hopefully for the next major update most of these things will be solved but in the meantime, ACDsee looks to be a superb piece of software for photo processing. Check it out

... I am using LR6, but the idea of "subscribing" to LR Classic does not appeal to me at all. I'll check ACDsee. By the way. What is it about Affinity that you find a show stopper. I've never tried it, but there is a new version that is supposed to be quite good.

PS: How do the files transfer from LR? (of course I gave all the original DNGs)

After the usual reservations, I bit the bullet a while back and am quite happy to pay 10 bucks a month for continual updated versions of LR and PS on all platforms. Not interested in switching after decades of learned skills with these two programs. With the addition of Loupedeck console, with tactile buttons and knobs, editing is a joy.

https://loupedeck.com/

Same here Sam, I see the 10$ a month as being cheap, few here will remember the cost of film and processing each roll or buying darkroom materials, those cost were very high in comparison, today its peanuts.

I still work with film a lot. Even though I do most of the work myself, it is indeed very expensive compared to digital. I do not believe that the ongoing LR discussion is necessarily related to money, but rather about the way that Adobe conducts its business. I have the same issue with Microsoft (a losing battle, of course).

I am so used to LR that the idea of learning a new PP system is probably not realistic. Even if I had the will,  I do not have the time. That said, I was interested in hearing Martin's experience.

-- hide signature --

Benedictus Margaux

BenedictusMargaux's gear list:BenedictusMargaux's gear list
Leica M10 Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow