Best all-in-one Film Camera for travel?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
kelstertx Veteran Member • Posts: 4,811
Re: Best all-in-one Film Camera for travel?

ThaQuest wrote:

Ed B wrote:

ThaQuest wrote:

I'm looking for something nice and compact with a built-in lens, f/2.8 at minimum but f/2 would be even better. Not only for travel, but for carrying around day-to-day. I just sold my AE-1 Program which was a little more bulk that I cared for.

So far the Olympus Trip 35 seems like a good option (with a 40mm 2.8 lens), but it only has two shutter speeds: 1/40 and 1/200, and I'd like some more low-light potential than that. The viewfinder is smaller than I'd like. Alternatively, the Olympus Pen half frames seem like a lot of fun.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I still shoot a roll of slide film once in a great while because when I switched to digital one of my Canon cameras (EOS3) was only a few months old and I still have that camera.

I hate to see it just sitting around gathering dust plus I've always loved slides.

Anyway, everyone is different but I can't understand why anyone, today, would use a film camera for travel.

Why??

It's fun for a change, and as each roll costs quite a bit of money, to buy and scan, you end up with an extremely high rate of keepers - and they have a very distinct look. I left my digital camera at home on a few short weekend/day trips and have no regrets.

Ugh, money, time, inconvenience, lots of all three. I'm with Ed, I don't see the point at all. I get just as many keepers with digital, but gain the freedom to retake several times just in case one turns out better -- at no additional cost. In fact it's more keepers because if I DID happen to miss something in settings that caused blur, I'd be aware of it then and have the opportunity to reshoot it right there on the spot. When you find you had unknown blur on film, you're in the drugstore back home!

I'm not even going to mention the additional benefit of WiFi sending pics to my wife's phone for insta-posting.  HUGE factor for me.

But it's OP's time, money and effort. If you like it, more power to you. Have fun, OP!

-Kelly

kelstertx's gear list:kelstertx's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow