Topaz AI Sharpen Processing Time

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JLGF1
JLGF1 Contributing Member • Posts: 649
Re: Topaz AI Sharpen Processing Time

I have no first hand knowledge of that HP model, but if I had to bet I'd say it's PS probably doesn't have the connector for cards that need external power. OEM's tend to cut corners on their power supplies.

NVidia recently introduced a low-power GPU model that uses only bus power...1650. It hasn't gotten the greatest reviews because at it's price point ($149) you can get a faster card...if you have the necessary PS wattage. But, it's niche is sort of the situation you are in...unless you can easily swap out your PS for a better one. Performance should be on par with the 1050Ti already mentioned or a little faster in some scenarios.

The 1650 might be "good enough" for these AI-Photo apps even though it's not a stand-out for gaming. I expect it's price to drop soon as it's only been out a few weeks.

JLGF1's gear list:JLGF1's gear list
Canon G9 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow