Using non-Global Vision (preferred) Sigma lenses - on SD Quattro Mirrorless cameras.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ELSELS Senior Member • Posts: 1,879
Re: Using non-Global Vision (preferred) Sigma lenses - on SD Quattro Mirrorless cameras.

JohnLindroth wrote:

Hi Ed,

All my Sigma lenses fall within the "Other SA Mount lenses not listed above." section. So for me, all focus is manual. It's just a price to pay for using old lenses.

I set up the camera with red peak focus assist, and a zoom view on the AE/AF button push. So the only non-focus is either on purpose, or if I'm not careful, the shutterspeed is too low, and either I move the camera, or the subject moves.

I remember trying AF on some of my "newer" lenses, and the AF sensors would see patterns in the bokeh as infocus, or would focus back and forth full amounts, and never see an infocus signal.

-John

Hello John:

I am guessing that "somehow" you have assigned the AE/AF button from its default settings to "enable" - turn on and turn off the "Zoom View"?

Do you have decent MF (Manual Focus) results - consistently?

Which size focus point "size" box do you find the most accurate?

Does it vary (size) you need when using Wide Angle versus Normal (50mm) to telephoto focal length range lenses?

Thanks for your time -

Have a nice day...

Ed

~ ~ ~

-- hide signature --

Camera Equipment, Computer Gear and more

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow