May Win 10 updates broke my color management

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wayne Larmon Forum Pro • Posts: 10,317
May Win 10 updates broke my color management

Win 10 Home on a Lenovo Yoga 920. Last night I put my 920 to sleep by closing the lid. Windows did the May 2019 patch Tuesday update sometime overnight when it was (nominally!) asleep. It had been rebooted when I woke it up this morning.

The screen had a horrible sepia tone. I fixed it by going to the color management dialog and setting the (sole) i1Profiler profile to be default again.

This brought the color back to what it should be. I worked with the computer a while and then put asleep by shutting the lid.

When I woke it up several hours again it was back to the deep sepia cast. The same fix worked.

So apparently putting it to sleep (or rebooting) now breaks the "default" profile mapping.

Has this happened to anybody else? (If the difference between calibrated and uncalibrated on your machine is close you might not notice.)

FWIW, I'm still at 1803. Windows has never offered any newer feature update(s). I just go with whatever Windows auto-installs. (Win 10 Home...)

Wayne

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow