Where from here: Fuji versus the rest

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
GabrielFFontes Contributing Member • Posts: 595
Re: Where from here: Fuji versus the rest

Fuji Maine wrote:

I'll likely end up making a switch in a year from now unless Fuji really does something spectacular with an XH2. I'm two months away from my one year Fuji anniversary and with what I've got into it financially I want to get more out of it before taking the loss with selling everything off. I feel like last spring/fall we saw a huge push with a bunch of new bodies but not too much since so I'm also waiting to see what the next generation offers in "latest in greatest".

Like the other poster replied, I'd be curious to hear what kind of spectacular push you're missing from Fuji.

IMO what they're missing is 18-40mm f/1.8 and 50-120mm f/1.8. I'm solving that with Fringer adapter and Sigma's 1.8 zooms.

Autofocus is performing very well. AF tests show it's almost neck and neck with Sony (though Sony's EYE AF is still magical, but except for running kids or geek comparisons, both systems are really more than good enough, let's remember we used to have no Eye AF in DSLRs).

The lens lineup is good. I do think they should refresh the 56mm f/1.2, it's the worst offender in the lineup. Like you said, 35mm f/1.4 doesn't bother me : the lens performs as well as my D750 + Nikon 50mm f/1.4G.

The next push I'm waiting from Fuji is IBIS on the X-T4.

You might have to reevaluate if what you're waiting from Fuji, or if you're just looking for reasons to switch. That's fine if you'd like to try out new toys and systems, we all like that. Fuji is the 4th system I've used and all of them had their strengths.

GabrielFFontes's gear list:GabrielFFontes's gear list
Nikon D750 Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow