Panasonic 10-25mm f/1.7 lens rumoured price

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
jeffharris Veteran Member • Posts: 9,267
Re: Panasonic 10-25mm f/1.7 lens rumoured price

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

jhunna wrote:

The size appears to be an issue too.

A bit of devils advocate... size is an issue compared to? The 14-35 f2.0 was pretty chunky, and to those who bought it they knew what they were getting, and the compromises that meant.

Of course, there is always the size/weight debate about bodies and lenses. This lens falls squarely into EM1X debate territory. The 10mm wide ends adds a whole new dimension, though.

The way I see it is you have this for when you want to carry a camera and want the quality etc that this lens would afford, irrespective of size. In situations where you need a smaller package you would use a prime or sacrifice some quality such as the aperture.

The thing about this lens for me is kind of a perfect range. AND it's 10mm. Unfortunately, the rumored cost is quite prohibitive.

I use a Voigtländer combo 17.5 mm and 42.5mm, but often would like a little wider or between the extremes, but adding another prime (or 2?) means more lens swapping. That's something I'd rather avoid, especially when shooting at night in strange places.

We can't have it all in one (at least for a reasonable price), but we can have both this and a smaller secondary lens for when size is more important than aperture.

This and a 15mm could be a great pair. Add a 35-100mm f2.8? Great set!

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow