Your f/1.4 35mm AF Preferences

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
aSevenArr
aSevenArr Senior Member • Posts: 1,441
Re: Your f/1.4 35mm AF Preferences

Alantkh wrote:

Karafuru wrote:

Alantkh wrote:

err...the jpg link is not a crop. The crop image is show in the review page. It’s that bad that u can see the fringing on web sized jpgs.

tell me how u can easily remove the loca and I will be forever in your debt... I think u got loca and lateral ca mixed up. Lateral ca is removed automatically and never an issue.

At the end of the day, u can see people has different standards for lens. To some, Color fringing is perfectly acceptable but it drives others crazy. Same for sharpness, some need their lens to be perfect shooting a brick wall but I don’t care about sharpness much, as long as the subject is ok sharp, it’s good for me.

Don't you just move the sliders around for fringing? Now if someone can tell me how to fix it's bokeh....

Better, but since it works via edge detection, you can't really remove it from out of focus area's

Thank you Ken Rockwell for these samples...but I still find this bokeh subjectively ugly.

Actually I find the bokeh of the 35mm pretty good. There is onion rings but usually I don't find that distracting when viewed at normal distance, not cropped. It renders the transitional bokeh beautifully which is where many lens like the sigma trips up.

I love the bokeh of the zeiss 35mm but just all the color fringing just drives me nuts... purple where there should not be any or weird greenish fringes, just looks weird.

“Bokeh is superb...” according to Ken’s article - and I agree with him. If you read what Ken says it’s not a macro lens and I also don’t use it as one (I have a 90mm G for that).

Anyway... I’m totally worn out defending this lens in endless threads. I love it, simple as that. The results that I can personally get with it are normally fantastic and the rendering that it gives is really quite special.

Check out my gear list and ask yourself why I would pick this as one of only 4 or so lenses to accompany me on every (airline) travel trip. I certainly would NOT use my limited carry-on bag space for a poor quality lens that gives ‘horrendous’ results. Such nonsense.

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow