Adobe warning of legal problems if subscribers keep using old versions of Creative Cloud apps Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 18,736
Re: Adobe warning of legal problems if subscribers keep using old versions of Creative Cloud apps

Jonsi wrote:

pixelgenius wrote:

Jonsi wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Jonsi wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Jonsi wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Major Jack Reacher wrote:

pixelgenius wrote:

Major Jack Reacher wrote:

Chikako wrote:

Users of older versions of Creative Cloud apps, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Lightroom Classic, have been told by Adobe that they are no longer licensed to use them, and anyone who continues to use these versions could face "infringement claims" from other companies...

Complete Article on AppleInsider

They are biting their own foot off.

It's a non issue for users really. This only affects users on a subscription who will not update their older versions that infringe on Dolby. I've seen nothing to indicate that either Dolby or Adobe has any way to know if a user does this. And why they wouldn't update their software as recommended is equally confusing to me. Heres what I see in an article about this issue:

Some users are getting messages from Adobe warning they could be at “risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties” should they continue to use outdated versions of their apps.

Note: May be at risk. Begging too, why continue to use outdated versions of applications that are free so to speak, to update by virtue of being a subscriber.

Again, this as they say, a nothing burger.

Thanks for the info. I was disappointed in Adobe for going subscription based a few years ago, and knew I would eventually leave Adobe, and when Affinity Photo came out, I bought, and deleted Photoshop. I doubt I ever look back.

Too bad. They added Texture today.

Yea, they now have a details slider. Oops, that's the others. Adobe calls theirs "texture".

Anyway, let's hope their first new slider in 4 years can overcome the real reasons people are leaving.

Maybe you should try to stay up to date with all the changes since Oct 2017.

They've added a new slider since Dehaze in 2015?

They have made multiple improvements or are we just going to stick to a slider so you can run it down.

So I was 100% correct then.

Correct in asking a question?

No. Correct when I said Zee's new slider is the first new one in 4 years, to which he told me I should check again.

You are focusing on the slider. I never mentioned slider in my original post. You brought that up.  I just said "Texture". You for some reason are focused on the a slider. By the way it does a better job that C1.

Seriously.... did schools stop teaching English ?!

May have in your part of the woods.

Why respond when you don't even read what you're responding to?

Rhetorical, of course. I already know.

You're the one who brought up the slider. You told the guy who left "Too bad. They added texture today", so that's what I responded to. Your comment then changed to other improvements but that wasn't the conversation.

Don't get so defensive. I only hope, like you, that the new "upgrade" can bring Reacher back. Of course, odds are he probably already has a details slider on whatever he's using.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD hurtsme
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow