Adobe warning of legal problems if subscribers keep using old versions of Creative Cloud apps Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Reilly Diefenbach
Reilly Diefenbach Forum Pro • Posts: 13,298
Re: Adobe warning of legal problems if subscribers keep using old versions of Creative Cloud apps

Major Jack Reacher wrote:

pixelgenius wrote:

Major Jack Reacher wrote:

Chikako wrote:

Users of older versions of Creative Cloud apps, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Lightroom Classic, have been told by Adobe that they are no longer licensed to use them, and anyone who continues to use these versions could face "infringement claims" from other companies...

Complete Article on AppleInsider

They are biting their own foot off.

It's a non issue for users really. This only affects users on a subscription who will not update their older versions that infringe on Dolby. I've seen nothing to indicate that either Dolby or Adobe has any way to know if a user does this. And why they wouldn't update their software as recommended is equally confusing to me. Heres what I see in an article about this issue:

Some users are getting messages from Adobe warning they could be at “risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties” should they continue to use outdated versions of their apps.

Note: May be at risk. Begging too, why continue to use outdated versions of applications that are free so to speak, to update by virtue of being a subscriber.

Again, this as they say, a nothing burger.

Thanks for the info. I was disappointed in Adobe for going subscription based a few years ago, and knew I would eventually leave Adobe, and when Affinity Photo came out, I bought, and deleted Photoshop. I doubt I ever look back.

We were all waiting for an update about what software you're using or not using.

Reilly Diefenbach's gear list:Reilly Diefenbach's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD hurtsme
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow