Panasonic 10-25mm f/1.7 lens rumoured price

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 26,432
Consider Sigma 11-35mm f/1,8 + Viltrox EF-M2

Jorginho wrote:

The FL is very interesting. But there isnothing close to it. I can live with a 2,5k € price. If there also would have been something like a 10-20 mm F2.8 at sub 1000 euro prices.

Well there is always the Sigma 11-35mm f/1,8 (EF mount) + Viltrox EF-M2 that a lot of videographers use on their GH5s.

Lets see, if I go to amazon.fr to get the price in euros, I see the Sigma 11-35mm f/1,8 Canon lens is currently 729,00€ and the Viltrox EF-M2 is 189,00€. That is 918,00€

The Viltrox EF-M2 speed reducer multiplies the focal length by 0,71 and makes the lens one stop faster, so in theory it should be equivalent to a 12,78mm to 24,5mm lens at f1,3.

Metabones has a similar adapter that was released first, and is somewhat more expensive. But most of the reviews I've seen use the Viltrox EF-M2.

Now, obviously if you need the lens to be splash resistant, you need the 10-12mm focal length range, or you have a Panasonic body and want DFD support in continuous focusing, then you need to buy the Panasonic lens.

Note, I currently do not have either the lens or the adapter, but I suspect they will eventually find their way in my bag, particularly if the price is indeed $2,500 US.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow