* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #577 on 2019 05 15 *

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
P3T3S Senior Member • Posts: 1,195
Re: The Plumber

Mike Fewster wrote:

We had a crisis in Portugal. Just before we were due to fly out, the washing machine jammed closed. It could not be opened. It was complex. It was the weekend. The unit owner gallantly came to our rescue. It took nearly two hours of wrestling with the machine with only kitchen implements available to reach into the innards of the machine and rescue our clothes. Taken with phone camera.

Thanks mate.

I have just realised I said absolutely nothing about the photo in my previous comment, so must readdress that immediately.

The friendly, slightly surprised, but ultimately triumphant expression is wonderful, as he holds the unlikely tools of his success in the centre of the frame. His wet shirt and the visible innards of the washing machine provide evidence of his struggle. The confined space and the slant give the scene a sense of urgency,  - a quickly snapped drama before the reporter rushes off to meet the publishing deadline, or, in your case, the flight.

Pete

P3T3S's gear list:P3T3S's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow