* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #577 on 2019 05 15 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
P3T3S Senior Member • Posts: 1,148
Re: Graffiti

Fox328 wrote:

As mentioned before they are rebuilding a part of the Hague. Last year some of the buildings got some graffiti paintings. One is in my opinion is great and i decided that i had to make a picture of it if i've got the time. This week i saw that a fence was placed around the building and workmen were inside the building. Since this building is one of the two left in a surrounding where most of the buildings are already teared down, i realized that i had to hurry. Below you can see the result.

This is my personal favorite.

Here you can see the whole building.

When i was standing there one of the workmen arrived. You can also see the fence.

It gave me the possibility to make this picture of the building in its present surrounding. Threatened to be demolished.

Here you can see the quality of the painting inspired by the Umbrella Academy.

An even more close-up view. I couldn't decide which one is better portrait or landscape. So i've included both.

This is the close-up in landscape.

This is certainly not the man in black with a spray-can at midnight kind of Graffiti, in fact I am not even sure I would call it graffiti. In any case it is impressive and transforms the drab building.

Like most graffiti, it is temporary, and seems about to be wiped away, so luckily you have preseved it.

Of all your versions, I like the 4th one best, with the stripy sign and the digger not only leading nicely towards the building, but also hinting at its fate, as the girl stares wistfully back at us.

Pete

P3T3S's gear list:P3T3S's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow