Pentax vs Sony

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ttran88
ttran88 Senior Member • Posts: 2,746
K3II, A6300, A7

The OVF for me is the limiting factor. I need face detection and eye AF for my 3 and 6yrs old. Every shot I get with the Pentax I have to stage the whole photo out and worry about my gear too much. Where’s my focus point? Do I have +\- for the back light? Those two are the most annoying factors then comes getting on the floor either the belly or knees to get to the child eye level. With my Sony I just worry about composition and the subject. Face detection will expose for my subjects face, not needing to move focus points let’s me worry about composing. They are my main subjects and Sony makes taking photos of them a joy.

after a while my Pentax only came out when I went to photography landscapes, buildings and mainly stuff I know I can control the scene.  And yes I enjoy holding the Pentax with the 21mm prime and how well made the camera is. But at the end of the day it didn’t get me the photos I wanted.

-- hide signature --

Too legit to quit.

ttran88's gear list:ttran88's gear list
Sony a7 Nikon Df Sony a6300 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow