I still own the first Nikon I ever bought!

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,680
Re: I still own the first Nikon I ever bought!

FrancoD wrote:

Wheatfield7 wrote:

FrancoD wrote:

Wheatfield7 wrote:

RetCapt wrote:

Aesthetics are subjective. That said, I have always considered the Nikon F (with non-meter pentaprism) and the Nikon rangefinders (culminating in the SP) to be the best looking 35mm cameras ever made.

I always thought the Pentax LX was a better looking camera. The Nikon F cameras, to me looked a little prehistoric. They got it right with the F2 though.

Having never owned either, I have no stake in this. I did (do) have some nice film gear. A lot of Leica/Canon LTM equipment, as well as an original (second series) Leicaflex (among others). So I was not using anything inferior; it's just that the right deal on a Nikon F or rangefinder never happened to come along, and I was not actively looking. Too late now though. Once I got involved in digital and found out the results I could get, with my desk as my darkroom, there was no going back.

The Nikon F came out in 1959 , the LX in 1980, so not a surprise that that Nikon looked prehistoric in comparison.

This is two were out at the same time :

I was more comparing the F to the F2 when it came to looks.

Having said that, the F had a 10 year run, so we could compare it to the Spotmatic as well.

Even so , the F2 came out 9 years before the LX and that is a rather long time in design.

Even so, the post was in response to the best looking 35mm camera ever made comment. Could you at least try to pay attention to context when you reply?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow