Stepping down Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Theia Regular Member • Posts: 155
Re: Stepping down

Jim,

I have been a member of this forum for the past 18 months or so, since purchasing a GFX 50S. The forum has been an invaluable resource, both before and since the purchase, and specifically your postings and assistance with my questions. I have seen this forum referenced as ‘toxic’ in other forums, but I don’t think that’s true. I expect a little roughness online. Partly because mere text isn’t a complete form of communication and partly because remoteness provides anonymity for those that prefer to be less than polite.

Unknown to everybody here, the purchase of the GFX coincided with a significant bereavement in my life, and I found the distraction (?) of getting to grips with new equipment and the help of those on this forum (particularly you) immensely helpful in getting through a difficult time. I also appreciate your blog, even though some of it leaves me in the dust.

As a result of all this I think I’m getting more out of the equipment and hopefully making ‘better’ photographs. Thank you for your help, in more ways than you know.

Theia

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow