Am I wise not to trust Adobe entirely?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 18,796
Re: Am I wise not to trust Adobe entirely?

Chaplain Mark wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Chaplain Mark wrote:

ADW02 wrote:

The rep I spoke with assured me that I wouldn't have a price increase while using my current plan

Until Adobe changes your plan, at which point it is no longer current, and they raise the pricing.

As an affordable insurance backup, I've just purchased Affinity Photo and its official workbook for $100. I will be using this along with On1RAW 2019 and Luminar 3. Each offers something the others don't, and it appears to me that this Trio can pretty much do what Photoshop can, but they are badly disjointed when it comes to coordinating with each other. In short, if Adobe doesn't increase the subscription price for its basic PS/Lightroom package beyond its current amount , Affinity will be little used, if I use it at all. But my feeling is that I would be very wise to learn Affinity thoroughly, and to find ways to coordinate it with the other two programs, as a workable backup.

Quite simply, am I wise not to trust Adobe entirely?

I don't think I would ever trust Adobe, by the many, many negative comments I have read about their business model.

Affinity is a first-class pixel editor, and not a bad RAW editor.

Let me throw DxO PhotoLab 2 Elite and Capture 1 into the mix. Both are excellent editors and very reasonably priced.

If you call $300 up front and $150 a year for the annual upgrade reasonably priced I guess so.

Do you mean C1?

Yes. It is the most expensive one out there. I have DXO and they do the same annual upgrade thing. If people want the latest enhancements that has to be considered.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow