Worse than I thought

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
esco Senior Member • Posts: 1,808
Re: Worse than I thought

Fazal Majid wrote:

jwilliams wrote:

Last I heard Oly was loosing money. Did they just start making loads of money?

Almost all the camera makers other than Canon, Nikon, Sony and Leica are losing money on their camera divisions. They keep going because of Japanese stubbornness.

Olympus makes a lot of money on their medical imaging (microscopes, endoscopes, etc.). They have stated some technologies enabled by the camera business benefit the medical business,

Um did you realize that you've just named nearly every other significant camera company today(-pentax who aren't significant) All of whom are doing better than Olympus?
Btw people also forget that some of the other imaging companies also have other divisions. Leica in cinema lenses, binoculars and spotting scopes nikon is also in the bino and scopes business as well
Sony is ofcourse a huge electronics giant that makes everything

Canon makes printers, copiers and scanners that cover the entire line from consumer to professional along with all of the consumables that go with it. They also have a huge presence in video in which they make lenses and bodies not only for their own mount but also for PL mount. The video bit is a huge deal going forward. There is a reason why even Fuji and Nikon is taking video seriously.

-- hide signature --

Photographer first, gear second

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow